Tuesday 25 January 2011

Fabirkk Restaurant - Visual Identity


Salih Kucukaga sent us this visual identity for a Fabrikk Restaurant in Istanbul. I like the original shape of the business cards, with triangular cut outs, emphasizing the industrial origins of the place (at least I assume that's was Salih was aiming for). It reminds me of the visual identity for the MOCAK (Museum of Contemporary Arts in Krakow) that also plays on the triangular shape of the building's roof (if you want to see it again, check out the whole post here).


Salih is a graphic designer from Turkey and apart from desigining he also writes for The Dieline (which I used to do in the past as well). When I visited his website the last time, I noticed some Istanbul photos in the Photo Diary section. They present a different view of Istanbul than the usual, colourful one. They are a little murky, but very intriguing. I adore Istanbul and have been planning on going back there for a few years now, these photos make me miss it even more...







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...