Thursday 5 August 2010

Jeff Nishinaka



If you like paper work by Peter Callesen (featured here and here) as much as I do, then you must explore amazing paper sculptures by Jeff Nishinaka. Nishinaka is an LA artist who initially began as a painter and started to work with paper by accident. Isn't it great that such accidents in life happen? He says paper to him is a living thing, with its own energy that he only tries to point in a good direction. It's hard to deny his work a living soul indeed and also hard to believe this actually is paper. I have never really worked with it, accept from the kindergarten times when I loved to cut my way into anything, so I'm no expert to judge the potential in this material. Looking at Nishinaka's work you get a feeling that forming paper is the easiest thing, but I think the truth might be slightly different...





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...