Friday 21 January 2011

Vintage Package Design of Barilla's Pasta


Yesterday I spent some time on the internet looking for various examples of pasta packaging, as a part of a research for a project we're working on. While browsing Barilla's website I found a section dedicated to their vintage packaging. It's not often that you can see the evolution of a brand and their package design, so I'm sharing it with you.

I was touched and amused when I saw their old posters and packaging. Old designs used to be based on emotions so much more. They worked with feelings and atmosphere. Nowadays brands try to fit the shelf well. They try look just like other brands with small changes to have something to be recognized by. And the end result is they all look bland. Don't you think?










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...