Sunday 19 December 2010

Package Design Freak's Desk


Some of you may know, or have already noticed by reading this blog, that I'm a package design freak. I mean, I love design in general but what I do in life is I run a graphic studio specializing in package design and I love it. I used to blog for The Dieline (a while ago, when I actually had some free time to spare) and I think it's one of the best aspects of design, because it affects us all by appearing in our houses. In general the advantage of design over art, in my opinion, is that it has a chance to be a part of our lives on a daily basis. We don't have to go to museums, be educated, understand what the artist wanted to say. Design is with us every single day and package design is simply ubiquitous.

Above then is a photo of my desk. I tend to hijack my laptop and work from the comfortable surface of my sofa most of the time actually, but that would be officially where I'm supposed to work, when I'm at home. It's a simple table from Ikea, with a funny poster by Marcin Maciejowski above and.... well, package design collection on top of it. It so happens that there are three water bottles. Jean Paul Gaultier's special edition of Evian water (that I got from a friend for my birthday), Voda Voda (that my friends brought from their trip to Montenegro) and the famous Ogo Water by Ora Ito.

There is a pack of Marks & Spencer's all butter toffee too and Fortnum & Mason Picadilly buscuits, I think mostly because they're blue, which matches the colour of one of the walls and my sofa. I also keep a set of connoisseur caviar and salmon packaging designed by our studio - but that's a different story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...