Wednesday 16 September 2009

Barbie Jewlery

I'm not quite sure whether these brooches are funny or a little bit creepy since they're made of ...Barbie Dolls. The whole collection of accesories was designed by Margaux Lange from New York. Margaux' portfolio consists of necklaces, bracelets, earrings etc, so there's plenty ways to show the sentiment towards your childhood friend Barbie. Here's a few words from Margaux herself:

Barbie dolls played a fundamental role in fueling my creative life growing up and are what cultivated my interest in adornment. An invaluable tool for my imagination as a child, ironically, Barbie continues to be such for me as an adult. Whether revered or despised, there are few who feel neutral about the plastic princess. I am fascinated with who she is as a cultural icon and the vast impact she has had on our society. I also enjoy the funny juxtaposition of wearing the body, on the body. Barbie has become the accessory instead of being accessorized. I take pleasure in the contrast and contradiction of mass-produced materials transformed and revealed as handmade, wearable works of Art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...