Thursday 29 July 2010

Glamstore - IBIZA series



Recently there has been a lot of fuss around folk inspired designs. But I have a feeling that sometimes it's just an easy way to spruce up your design - by adding couple patterns copied from google picture library. I love designs that really rely on culture and take it seriously. I remember posting on The Dieline package design by Monika Ostaszewska, who took time to research the folk culture of Podlasie region in Poland and apply it to her packaging concept, based on a typical pattern of double-warp fabrics from Podlasie Region. Her concept won several awards, proving it is worth to dig deeper.
I don't know much about the design above - furniture pieces sold in Glamstore - but I do appreciate the intricate work put into painting of patterns. Really beautiful.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...