Tuesday 4 August 2009

I Feed The Pigeons...



My friend went to Blur concert in Hyde Park recently and got me going back in time and listening to their music again. I feed the pigeons, I feed the sparrows too, it gives me a sense of enourmous well being. And then I'm happy, for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it....

Don't worry, I'm sane, this line comes from Parklife, one of Blur's biggest hits. As I was humming along to the song, I found this piece designed by Azul Amuchastegui Bari, at Packaging UQAM. It's a blog by Sylvain Allard, professor at École De Design in Montreal, Canada. I like the site because it features student work that I often find challenging and more interesting than the products you actually find in stores. When you work for real, demanding and fussy clients you have to choose the compromise more often than not. Students get to follow their own ideas, they get challenged by professors, they cross the design borders... Stay tuned, I'm sure the best of student work will appear on this website.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...