Sunday 4 October 2009

Elizabeth McGrath - Schwein Haben



I got a link to Elizabeth McGrath's website from a dear friend of mine, Wisła Nicieja, whom we like to call Piglet (in Polish - Prosiaczek). I'm not surprised then she chose a fellow pig to show me! In fact Wisła will appear on this blog soon, because she makes incredible things worth sharing with everybody. Can you believe I have a chair, with myself painted on it...? That's how good she is!

For now here's a few words about Elizabeth though:
Los Angeles-born artist Elizabeth McGrath has always had an eye for the strange beauty in the grotesqueries of life; this appreciation is nowhere more evident than in her work. Inspired by the relationship between the natural world and the detritus of consumer culture, she brings forth a new cavalcade of creatures from the darker corners of the streets, the city, the imagination.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...